Time & Location
01 Mar 2022, 10:00 am – 11:30 am AEDT
Glen Waverley, 46-48 Montclair Ave, Glen Waverley VIC 3150, Australia
About The Event
About Mainly Music
- Young children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more.
- Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor skills, gross motor movements, social interaction, gaining an appreciation of music and musical styles, as well as language development.
- Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play.
- Bringing grown-up and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching families some rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more.
- An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children. And for families to find a sense of ‘old fashioned community’.
- Opportunities for families to be helped – practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house, and babysitting.
- Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent.
A quick overview
Started in 1990, mainly music is a fun music group for parents or primary care givers to enjoy together with their young child. Throughout the session, children develop gross and fine motor skills, language, imagination, mathematical and pre-reading skills as well as socialize with others. Each mainly music is associated with and is run by volunteers from a local church. Children are introduced to music, creativity and more, plus families given a chance to think about the God-part of life. Amazing to think that all this can be achieved in a loving, shared family environment.
Sessions time and fees
Every Tuesday 10am – 11:30am during school term Fees are paid per term and average $5+ per week per family.
There is currently a waitlist and you will need to contact Diane Tay (0431 595 186), if you would like to be on the waitlist or need further information.