Monash City Church of Christ, formerly known as Glen Waverley Church of Christ, was founded by members of Oakleigh Church of Christ. It began its life in the home of the Thodeys in Glen Waverley, but soon out grew this location, and in
1954 began worshiping in a Tent, erected in Little street. The Church moved to its current location in 1955, when the first chapel was opened and dedicated.
Over the years, the building has undergone many changes with the current facilities being opened in 1990, which gave the community an enlarged auditorium, more office space and also allowed for the expansion of the New Horizons Bookshop and Coffee Shop which opened in the early 1980's.